We believe the website provides information formally, informally and through photographs and quotes to leave you with a sense of North Lakes: Care, Education and Therapy.
This page hopes to keep you up to date with any news of information which may be useful to our parents and carers
Our Proprietor is Jo August.
She is contactable term time and throughout the holidays. Please call 01697 742 598, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you prefer to write please send letters to: Jo August – School Proprietor, Kirby Moor School, Longtown road, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 2AB.
You can also visit Ofsted’s www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk website.
CORONA VIRUS GUIDES TO SHARE WITH CHILDREN:
- Pandemics-and-the-Coronavirus Social Story
- The-Corona-Virus-Free-Printable-Updated-2-The-Autism-Educator-Childrens-story-about-coronavirus powerpoint
- CORONA CARTOON RESOURCE
- During this Pandemic it will be important for us all to remain connected, lets do this safely! See this guide to HOUSEPARTY APP from the National Online Safety website. House Party Safety Guide
- SIGNPOST TO ALL PARENTS, CARERS, FAMILY and WIDER SUPPORT NETWORK… Please click on the links that follow to go direct to Cumbria Safeguarding Children Partnership, an excellent site for resources and the LATEST COVID19 information and support and a webpage designated for Corona Virus Updates set up by Cumbria LA. https://www.cumbriasafeguardingchildren.co.uk/
- Latest information for pupils and all who support them from the exam board:https://www.jcq.org.uk/media-centre/jcq-videos/
- READING IS OUR PASSION AND OUR FOCUS TO UNDERPIN ALL OTHER LEARNING AT KIRBY MOOR SCHOOL.
The school has access to a huge online reading library that every pupil can log in to at home, these resources are open for all. We have specialist access to books that match to each pupils interests – from space and science, to art and nature and all are targeted to meet and progress their reading age.
- We are proud to have gained the silver accreditation of an Attachment and Trauma Sensitive School.
This model is a framework of support and understanding. It aims to help all pupils who have experienced adversity to thrive, play and learn. In accurately attending to each pupil’s emotional needs we aim to achieve better learning and better mental and physical health for every pupil.
- To join the “CLICKCEOP” campaign and get the app please follow this link (facebook.com/ClickCEOP).
- We take online safety and education very seriously and are proud to be a certified school community with the National Online Safety organisation. http://www.nationalonlinesafety.com
We have not published the results of the public examinations for the year 2019-2020 as there were so few pupils in the cohort that they would have been easily identifiable by the results.
In summary 3 pupils were awarded GCSEs at grades 3 to 5 and also were awarded OCR National Award/ Certificates at pass, Merit and Distinction level. 2 other pupils achieved Step up to English, Entry Level Awards and Functional skills awards
If anyone would like to discuss the Academic Performance please contact Catherine Beard on 016977 42598
Internet Safety Awareness and Resources
Kik Messenger; a free messaging app aimed at users aged thirteen and over. Used by more than 300 million people worldwide, Kik lets users exchange messages, photos, videos, GIFs and web pages with friends, family, chatbots and even strangers.
Unlike WhatsApp, Kik doesn’t require a user to sign up with a phone number. Instead, friends can be added via their username, making it easier for users to receive unwanted contact from strangers. Police in the UK issued a safety warning earlier in the year, claiming that Kik has featured in ‘more than 1,100 child sexual abuse cases in the last five years’ and that ‘children are at risk’ on the app. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45568276)
Please feel free to share our guide for parents and carers across your social platforms:
National Online Safety have produced a new guide for parents a out “Twitch” an online gaming-focused live streaming service, a large community and is owned by Amazon. Twitch is undeniably a popular platform for online gaming enthusiasts. With young children and teenagers frequenting the platform, it is important for parents and trusted adults to be aware of the associated risks, including, but is not limited to; uncensored material, unwanted contact from strangers, online bullying, live streaming and online payments.
see this link for a guide to support your children to stay safe online:
The following PDF is advice and guidance for parents and guardians and all involved in promoting the welfare and safety of a child. There is a guide for the Minecraft & Fortnite games however the general principles for safety are more widespread. Inlcuded below are PDFs on live streaming and screen addiction
For further guidance please visit: and visit: nationalonlinesafety.com
This page has guides for parents and guardians on several common social media sites, games and in streaming content: https://nationalonlinesafety.com/resources/platform-guides/
***As part of our #WakeUpWednesday campaign, National Online Safety has teamed up with MusicAlternative to launch a Fortnite online safety song for your school to share with its whole school community! ***
Our song encourages parents and carers to “stay switched on” to online dangers when their children are playing Fortnite. We hope you love this video just as much as we do!